zaterdag 17 september 2011

The Coveteur & Garance Doré


As you know I am a big fan of Garance, I also just love her blogs about her move to NYC - and the change in lifestyle and her struggle to get her balance back ... If you haven't read them, please do so. You can read them here.

But I also like to look at details of people's lives in their own home, or as the Dries van Noten puts it "It's more interesting to have just a picture of a small detail - then you can dream all the rest around it. Because when you see the whole thing, what is there to imagine?"

This time the Coveteur went to visit Garance and I would like to share some of the "details" with you. All the following pictures and text are by the Coveteur.

Garance Doré, 
fashion photographer, writer, illustrator and editor of garancedore.fr
"I cannot live without my iPad, my yoga, and my wonderful friends."

Mulberry bag

MaxMara coat, Reed Krakoff bag (left) Hermés bag (right), Lanvin shoes

Right as Rouge
“I remember totally falling in love with this coat at the MaxMara show, and not being able to find it anywhere. By chance, the MaxMara team contacted me, and I had to wait until they were done shooting it for the season. I remember telling myself that I had been shot way too many times in it!
This is a vintage Hermés bag and it came from a store called Les Trois Marches. I always knew I would buy myself a ‘Kelly’ eventually—it is a classic, and it was only a matter of time. One day I went to Les Trois Marches, and saw this red one. I loved the color and loved the leather, but I wasn’t sure. So I left it there, went on Christmas holiday, and thought about it everyday. When I went back, I didn’t see it so I asked the woman there, and she says ‘Do you mean the Rouge Garance?’ I asked what she meant, and she said that was the name of the color! She also said that she sometimes hid it because it used to be hers.”


Marc Jacobs clutch, Dries Van Noten shoes


Picture Perfect
“This photo was for a lovely New York magazine feature about [Scott Schuman and me]. I was so sick with the flu the day they shot it; I didn’t think I could make it through the day. But as soon as it came out, I loved the photo. And it’s our first real couple photo.”

Related Posts