1. Eat breakfast. When we eat breakfast it jump starts our metabolism. When breakfast is skipped, we end up making up for the calories we skipped, and then some.
2. Stop eating early, and go to bed slightly hungry. I know this is boring, because it’s fun to snack in front of the TV in the evening, but these are just too many calories added to what we’ve already consumed throughout the day. If you want to snack, but don’t want the calories, snack on berries. It shouldn’t have any negative effect on the scale in the morning.
3. Drink lot’s of water. This helps your body, your skin, your energy levels. Reduces the amount of headaches you’ll get. The more water you drink, the less it needs to retain. Keeping your body hydrated is so important, especially while trying to lose weight.
4. Eat whole grains. These keep you full longer, and have more vitamins and nutrients that are vital to us being healthy. Plus they are packed with fiber. They help keep your blood sugar stable longer, without the spike and crash.
5. Eat until you’re satisfied, not full. This is when we go from the appropriate amount of calories, to too many in one sitting. Our body uses what it needs, then stores the rest as fat. It’s better to save the rest of the food, and eat it a few hours later, than it is to overeat in one sitting. Eating slowly can help you feel satisfied with eating less too.
6. Make exercise part of their daily schedule. First thing! If it doesn’t get done first thing in the morning, life usually gets in the way. Then when we do have a little free time in the evening, we’re tired!
7. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Have them around. Keep them on the counter. When you’re hungry, and you just want to grab the quickest easiest thing to eat, fruit is the perfect choice. Starting your day with a fruit and veggie smoothie can be a huge jump start to gettinh your 5 servings a day.
8. Buy clothes that are flattering to figure. This just accentuates what you have, and minimizes the trouble areas. Most people don’t feel like they have the perfect body, and putting a little effort into trying things on, and figuring out what looks good on you is a good way to feel good about how you look, and motivating to keep moving forward.
9. Weigh yourself daily. Knowing how what you eat effects the scale each day really helps you keep yourself in check and out of denial. Some people don’t like to do this daily, if you are that type of person, then just do it often. The more you do it, the easier it is to motivate yourself to stay on track.
10. Get enough sleep. This should probably be #1. It is really the foundation that we start each day on. When we don’t get enough sleep our body knows that we need something, and it sends signals to the brain to eat more. So, when we get enough sleep, we have a healthy frame of mind in our corner.