donderdag 23 september 2010

My favorite beauty products

This week I have been cleaning out my beauty products ... threw away all the left over products, that I just did not finish completely and are now getting quite old. I also came across some of my favorite products I would like to share with you, in random order:

New comer is the Elisabeth Arden, Eight Hour cream. Until recently I've always used the rosebud cream for my lips, but I tried a little bit of the eight hour cream and bought a tube the next day and have been using it every days since, I'm hooked. I found it soothes, restores, calms and helps relieve chapped, cracked, dry skin. Soothes roughness, redness and minor skin irritations. As said I mostly use it as lipgloss, but also put a little bit on the heel of my feet and elbows and a little bit (when working in an airconditioned building all day) under my eyes (just above my cheekbone). You could also use it as a cuticle softner, or to keep your brows in place, or to highlight cheekbones, or just below the brow.

Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion is the best exfoliating face cream I have ever come across. It promisses that it polishes away dead skin cells, smoothes skin’s texture and reveals radiance and it does all that and delivers something close to a professional microdermabrasion facial.

All OPI colors! At the moment I use Gargantuan Green Grape (a green color) and What's with the Cattititude (light blue) a lot on my hands and for my feet Blue My Mind, which looks great with jeans :)
  
When it's the season and therefore available freshly picked, I eat fresh raspberries a much as possible. Besides that I just love to eat them, cause they taste good. They make you skin looks radiant and fresh - even if you party a lot-  and they contain a minimum amount of calories. they are high Vitamin C and naturally have no fat, cholesterol or sodium. They are also a good source of iron and folate (which is used especially in treatment of low red blood cells or anemia). Some fact about Raspberries: they contain a natural substance called ellagic acid, which is an anti-carcinogenic (cancer-preventing) compound. Raspberries have been shown to lower high blood cholesterol levels and slow release of carbohydrates into the blood stream of diabetics.

Lip balm with a colourful twist. Luscious, high-gloss shades treat your most undermoisturized skin to soothing shine. Instantly relieve dryness, protect with antioxidants and more: Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss.

This stuff is great, the Weleda Birch Cellulite Oil. This product is chalk full of some really great oils that will do wonders for your skin. Also, it's not very expensive. If you often experience dry leggs try it, also if you are going to wear a short of skirt which shows your leggs (when wearing no stockings)it gives your leggs just "that extra" shine... without looking to oily. It also helps against cellulite, but with all cellulite products you need to do more (adjust diet, excercise, massage, etc) for it to have a real effect.

The perfect eye shadow - that's all I have to say about Mac's eyeshadows.

To use underneath your daily skincare is Estee Lauder's advanced night repair. After using it for only two nights, my skin feels and looks nourished and smooth. The Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex is one of the best hydrating serums I've tried so far. The only downfall to the serums is that is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way so it's a great investment in preserving your skin healthy and youthful!

I still have not found my "perfect" daily eyecare or skincare product ( I'm in my thirtees and have a combined skin) ... If anyone has a good suggestion :) please let me know??
Related Posts